CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Tribute to My Brother Shayne

So today is another Anniversary mark of when my Brother was killed in the Air Med Helicopter crash.. does it ever get any easier? It seems that no matter just how much time goes by.. you still miss them SO MUCH! Life goes on and you learn to cope and live.. but the pain never goes away... there are still so many reminders and still so many times the crash gets put on the News.. or in the paper... which seem to bring that horrible night all back. As most of you know, my Brother was my Hero! The one person I wanted to be like when I grew up! He was an AMAZING man and I only wish I could be like him! Those of you who knew him, know that there just aren't too many men like Shayne Carnahan!

I know that there are several of our friends and loved ones who have also gone through a tragedy and lost those you've loved... some recent and some in the past.. So many of you know what a heartache it is! Thanks to our family and friends, we are able to get through it! Many of you also lived through the Tragedy with my Brother... those of you who are family know what a horrible loss it was and many of our friends were also there for me and my family.. we wouldn't have been able to make it through with out all of you! Still to this day, your memories, your love and your support are what help keep our spirits up! I know I say this a lot, but I truly mean it! I am so lucky to have such great family and friends. I have the best family EVER! Including Nick's Family! I honestly couldn't ask for any better.. on either side! I love you all so very much! I have so many friends who have been in my life since I was very young... who have been there for me through all the good and bad in my life.. there are also several wonderful friends who have been in my life more recently who I also wouldn't have been able to make it through the trials in my life without. So it looks like I am a lucky girl! Thanks for being such great people! We truly are very grateful you are all in our lives! You are what makes it possible to carry the trials life brings and you are what helps get us through! We love you!

We know where he is and what he is doing. He's in a WONDERFUL place, it's those of us who are left behind that are suffering.. I'm just grateful to know what kind of person he was and the way he lived his life. I just miss him so much and I can't wait for the day that I can hug him and pay him back for all the little tricks he played on me while we were growing up! Little does he know.. I have several things up my sleeve! :)

The song, "Angels Among Us" is one that is very special to our family. KBULL 93 Dedicated this song to the Air Med Crew when they were killed... now, every year we dedicated it because Shayne will always be an Angel Among Us! Also, "The Dance" by Garth Brooks is also very important because that's how Shayne's life was. He was grateful to have the time he did with his family and friends. Shayne lived his life helping not only those in need, but everyone around him.. he died doing on of the things he loved the most... Saving Lives! To A Great Man! I LOVE YOU More than you will ever know!

6 comments:

Heath694 said...

I know what you mean, Kerri. I can't wait until I can hug my sister again. I think about it all the time. I miss her and I know you miss your brother. Thanks for you example to me. I bet they are up there together keeping really busy and are equally excited to one day see and hold us again.

Ali said...

OOHH that made me cry!! it brought back a lot of memories seeing his picture and that smile!! What an incredible man!! I love ya Ker!!

Rip Curl Mom said...

You know you are always in my prayers but especially when I know you are struggling with something. I love you so much. You are such a great example to me. BTW I absolutely love the song "Angels Among Us". You are definitely an angel for me and many, many others.

alli said...

That was really heart-felt Ker. I am sure Shayne is happy for you, and for what you are doing to make your life full and joyful. I know that he would want that for all of you. I think about him a lot and wish he was still here with us. I am glad you had such a wonderful holiday season. I always enjoy catching up with your family through your blogs. Love you!

Unknown said...

What a great tribute to Shayne! I really wished that I could have met him. Everyone that knows him always talks so highly of him. Benton was blessed to have him as his brother.

Chantelle Gibson said...

I know he is very proud of you Kerrie. He's with you every step, and smiling! Love ya.